In these other dispatches about fair and impartial courts:
- The Charleston (S.C.) City Paper has a colorful feature about the contest for Chief Justice of the state Supreme Court, which is decided by legislators.
- Gavel to Gavel, a publication of the National Center for State Courts, reports, “After nearly getting 2/3rds majority needed in 2013, plan to eliminate judicial retirement age reintroduced in Louisiana.”
- An Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald editorial discussing an upcoming federal district court vacancy is headlined, “Court vacancy needs attention.”
- At the Volokh Conspiracy blog, Randy Barnett comments on a recent George Will column in an essay entitled, “‘Judicial engagement’ is not the same as ‘judicial activism.'”
- At Constitutional Law Prof Blog, Ruthann Robson wrote a complimentary comment about a recent essay on partisanship and judicial decision-making (see Gavel Grab) by former Iowa Chief Justice Marsha Ternus.